It was founded in 1898 as the St Anne’s Express and District Advertiser, becoming the St Anne’s-on-the-Sea Express and District Advertiser after just two issues. In 1926 it became the Lytham St Annes Express and has kept that name ever since, apart from 1989-96, when it was the Lytham St Annes and Rural Fylde Express.
It’s published by Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd, a branch of the Johnston Press group of regional newspaper publishers. The editorial offices are in St Annes.
There are two editions:
- Lytham St Annes (for those towns)
- Kirkham (for Kirkham and rural South Fylde)
Both come out on Thursdays.