It was founded in 1895 as the Waterloo & Crosby Herald, and Formby & Seaforth Gazette. In 1937 it shortened its title slightly by becoming the Crosby Herald, Waterloo, Seaforth, Litherland Gazette; it adopted its current title at the beginning of 1967.
It’s published by Sefton & West Lancashire Mediamix, part of the Trinity Mirror Merseyside branch of Trinity Mirror North West & Wales. The editorial offices are in Southport.
It comes out on Thursdays.