Its history goes back to 1868, with the foundation of The Clitheroe Advertiser by John Cowgill. A rival publication, The Clitheroe Times, started in 1889; the two joined forces in 1920 under the current title. It switched from broadsheet to tabloid format only in 2004, a move which apparently was followed by a record sale for the paper in its first week as a tabloid.
It’s published by Lancashire Evening Post Ltd, a branch of the North West division of nationwide regional and local newspaper publishers Johnston Press. The editorial offices are in Burnley, but there’s a local newsroom in Clitheroe itself (the address given below), although the front counter closed in July 2012. (The separate editorship of the Advertiser & Times ended in May 2012, when the role was merged with that of the Burnley Express.)
It comes out on Thursdays.