Although it was basically a freesheet, more than 20 per cent of copies were sold, either individually through the news trade or in bulk sales.
It started life in 1877 as the Willesden Chronicle and Herald and kept that name for nearly 90 years until being renamed the Willesden & Brent Chronicle in 1964. It took on its final title in 2005.
Latterly it was published by North West London Newspapers, a branch of the Norwich-based Archant media group’s newspaper Archant London division. The editorial offices were at their central facility in Swiss Cottage.
It came out on Thursdays.
It ceased publication at the end of August 2011 and was amalgamated with the Kilburn Times to create a new title, the Brent & Kilburn Times. Archived e-editions are still available via the URL below, which now redirects to the new title’s website.