It originated in the Sutton & Epsom Advertiser and Surrey County Reporter, founded in about 1870. The title was simplified to The Sutton Advertiser in 1908; between 1928 and 1982 it was The Sutton & Cheam Advertiser. It was relaunched in 1988 as The Post in Sutton then renamed The Sutton Post the following year. Publication was suspended from 1990 to 1997, when the paper was revived as the Sutton Borough Independent before being renamed the Sutton Post once more.
Latterly it was published by East Surrey & Sussex News & Media, a group within Northcliffe Media’s South East region – Northcliffe was at the time the regional publishing arm of the Daily Mail & General Trust. Effectively, the Post was a sub-edition of the Croydon Post with a modest amount of news content relating to Sutton.
The editorial offices were in Croydon. There was no separate website; the link below is to the Croydon Advertiser‘s website.
It came out on Wednesdays.