It was founded in 1867. Latterly it was published by North West London Newspapers, part of the Archant London division of the Archant media group. It was also the lead title in a series together with the Paddington & Westminster Times and the Hammersmith & Kensington Times, all of which were based in Kensal Green.
It came out on Thursdays. Archived e-editions are still available free on the website.
It ceased publication at the end of August 2011, when it was amalgamated with the Willesden & Brent Times to form a new title, the Brent & Kilburn Times. The new title took over the Kilburn Times‘s website.