It was founded in 1856, with an editorial office above a pie shop. In 1901 it was renamed the Islington Daily Gazette and North London Tribune, then simply the Daily Gazette in 1918. It became the Islington Gazette once more in 1926.
It was taken over by Norwich-based Archant from Independent News & Media in the early 2000s; the editorial offices are now at Archant London’s North West London offices in Swiss Cottage.
There’s a separate sub-edition for Finsbury called the Islington Gazette EC1.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available free on the website.