It was founded in 1888 as The Fulham Chronicle and kept its original title until 1997, when it absorbed its sister title launched in 1989, the Hammersmith Chronicle; it dropped the The and added & Hammersmith in the process.
It was published by Trinity Mirror Southern, Trinity Mirror‘s division for London and the South East of England. The editorial offices were on Hammersmith Broadway.
Although the bulk of the distribution was delivered free to homes, a tiny fraction (less than one per cent) was sold through the news trade.
It lost its own website at fulhamchronicle.co.uk in October 2013, when Trinity Mirror Southern followed the pattern established by Trinity Mirror elsewhere and launched its overall site for its West London newspapers, getwestlondon.co.uk.
It came out on Fridays.
Trinity Mirror announced on 14 April that the Chronicle series was no longer viable and would be ceasing publication with the 25 April issue. The Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle‘s two sister papers, the Kensington & Chelsea Chronicle and the Westminster Chronicle, closed at the same time.