It’s published by Newsquest (South London). Like their other titles, the editorial offices are in the group’s headquarters, which moved from North Cheam to Sutton town centre in 2011.
It was launched in 1982 as the Croydon News, but changed to its present title in 1990. It’s the second newspaper to bear the title; the first, The Croydon Guardian and Surrey County Gazette, was incorporated into the present Guardian‘s rival, the Croydon Advertiser, in 1916.
The two editions cover the North and South of the distribution area. Most of the circulation is delivered direct to homes, but in the last couple of years copies have also been available by pickup from supermarkets, estate agents and various locations open to the public.
Both editions come out on Wednesdays. They’re also available as e-editions on the website.