It was founded in 1924. Its publisher, Peterborough-based East Midlands Newspapers, is a division of regional and local newspaper giant Johnston Press and also publishes the Grantham Journal and the Boston Standard for the neighbouring areas. The editorial offices are in Sleaford, although they moved from Handley Street to the nearby Sleaford Station Business Centre in 2013.
From time to time it’s appeared as a sub-edition of the Lincolnshire Standard, including two three-year spells from 1983-86 and 1989-92.
It comes out on Wednesdays.