It was founded in 1922. From 1930 it ran in parallel with the Skegness edition of the Lincolnshire Standard, which appeared on Fridays while the Skegness Standard came out on Wednesdays. In 1977 the two titles merged under the present title.
It’s published by Peterborough-based East Midlands Newspapers, a branch of Johnston Press; its editorial offices were in Skegness until early 2014, but have now moved to Boston.
Up until late 2007 there were two local sub-editions besides the Standard itself: the Alford Standard and the Spilsby Standard, serving those two smaller towns and their areas. However, the Alford Standard has now ceased publication.
It comes out on Wednesdays.