It was founded in 1903 as the Hucknall Torkard Dispatch and Leen Valley Mercury, but dropped the Torkard from the name of the town in 1913, as indeed the town itself officially did two years later. It became the Hucknall Dispatch, the Notts Dispatch in 1947, and then simply the Hucknall Dispatch in 1962. In 1974 it merged with the Bulwell Dispatch, which had been launched in 1953, to form the Hucknall & Bulwell Dispatch, but dropped Bulwell from the title once more in April 2008.
It’s published by North Notts Newspapers Ltd, a division of the Johnston Press nationwide group of regional newspapers. The editorial offices were in Hucknall until August 2012, but have now been consolidated with those of the Ilkeston Advertiser in Ilkeston, across the county boundary in Derbyshire.
It comes out on Fridays.