Like its sister paper, the Watton & Swaffham Times, it’s a spinoff from the 1880 foundation the Thetford & Watton Times, dating from 1986. It became the Thetford Times in 1993 and reverted to the original title in 1994 before again assuming its present title in 2004.
It’s published by the Archant Norfolk arm of media group Archant. It used to share an office with the Watton & Swaffham Times in Swaffham, but that’s now closed, and the editorial staff are based in Norwich.
It comes out on Wednesdays. An e-edition’s also available free on the website.