It’s not the first paper to take the name Y Cymro; others had been published in the 19th and early 20th centuries (1848-66; 1890-1909; 1914-1931). But it’s been by far the longest-lasting so far. It was first published in 1932 from Wrexham and moved to Oswestry in 1947. It’s now published in Porthmadog.
Since 2010 an e-edition’s been available by paid subscription.