It was founded in 1882 as the Herald of Wales and Monmouthshire Recorder, but dropped the Monmouthshire Recorder from the title just four years later. In 1891 it underwent another change of title, to the Swansea & Glamorgan Herald and Herald of Wales, and kept that title until 1930 when it became simply the Herald of Wales. It added the Swansea in 1987.
It was published by South West Wales Media Ltd, a branch of the Northcliffe Media regional newspaper publishing house, which at the time was itself part of the Daily Mail & General Trust. Essentially it was a weekly freesheet companion to the South Wales Evening Post, and as such had no website of its own; the link below is to the Evening Post‘s website.
It came out on Wednesdays. It closed at the end of May 2011.