South Wales Echo
It has two editions: the “News Extra” is sold in the morning, while the “City Final” is the evening edition.
It was founded in 1884. In 1930 it absorbed a slightly younger title, the Evening Express founded in 1887, which had become the Evening Express and Evening Mail in 1902, the South Wales Evening Express and Evening Mail in 1917 and finally the South Wales Evening Express and Evening Mail and Evening News in 1928. The merged title continued as the South Wales Echo and Evening Express until 1956, when it reverted to simply the South Wales Echo.
It’s published by Media Wales Ltd (formerly Western Mail & Echo Ltd), which in turn is part of the Trinity Mirror group. It’s a sister paper to both the Western Mail and Wales on Sunday. All of Media Wales’s titles share a common website.
It moved in 2008 from Thomson House in Havelock Street to new offices in Park Street.