North Wales Chronicle
It was founded in 1827 as the North Wales Chronicle, and General Advertiser. In September 1987 it changed title to the Bangor Chronicle, changing again to the Bangor-Anglesey Chronicle just a fortnight later. From 1988 to 1996 it was simply the Chronicle. It then split into two editions, the Bangor & Caernarfon Chronicle – from 2001 the Gwynedd Chronicle and the Ynys Môn Chronicle. Both were reunited as a single edition in 2005.
Since the 1960s it’s been owned by NWN Media (formerly North Wales Newspapers), an independent family-owned publisher based in Mold near Wrexham that celebrated its bicentenary in 2009. The editorial offices are in Bangor.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition is also available free on the website.
- North Wales Chronicle
302 High Street
- 01248 387400
- 01248 354793