Advertise on this site

Home

Holyhead & Anglesey Mail

The Holyhead & Anglesey Mail is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the port town of Holyhead (Caergybi) on Holy Island (Ynys Gybi) and across the island of Anglesey (Ynys Môn).

It was founded in 1881 as the Holyhead Weekly Mail and North Wales Observer. Its geographical span (according to its title, at least) has fluctuated since then; in 1885 it was renamed the Holyhead Mail and Anglesey Herald, but spent 16 years from 1921 to 1937 as the Holyhead Mail and Llandudno and Colwyn Bay Herald before becoming the Holyhead & Anglesey Mail. It lost Anglesey from the masthead in 2011, although it continued to be sold throughout the island; Anglesey’s since been restored.

It’s published by Trinity Mirror North Wales. The main editorial offices are in Caernarfon (collocated with the Caernarfon & Denbigh Herald), but there’s also an office in Holyhead.

It’s the larger member of a two-title series, the other being the Bangor Mail, with which it shares a website. The series switched from part-freesheet to fully paid-for circulation in August 2011 – bucking the nationwide trend amongst local newspapers of shifting to free distribution.

It lost its own website in the spring of 2013. As with Trinity Mirror titles elsewhere, it now relies for its Web presence on their daily paper for the region – in the Mail‘s case, the Daily Post.

It comes out on Tuesday afternoons.

  • Address:
  • Holyhead & Anglesey Mail
    14 Eastgate Street
    CAERNARFON
    LL55 1AG
  • Tel:
  • 01286 685439
  • Fax:
  • 01286 676937




Custom Search