Caernarfon & Denbigh Herald
It was founded in 1831 as the Carnarvon [sic] Herald and North Wales Advertiser. Five years later it became the Carnarvon and Denbigh Herald and North and South Wales Independent and kept that title for over 80 years.
In 1920 it absorbed the Merioneth News and Herald and Barmouth Record and became the Carnarvon and Denbigh Herald and Merioneth News, then simply the Carnarvon and Denbigh Herald in 1922. In 1937 it added the E to Caernarvon; it also added the words and North Wales Observer, which it dropped again in 1976. It took up its present title in 1984.
It’s published by Trinity Mirror North Wales. Its editorial offices are in Caernarfon.
There are two editions:
- Arfon – for the former district of Arfon in Gwynedd
- South – for the Llŷn Peninsula and across to Blaenau Ffestiniog
Both come out on Thursdays.
It no longer has its own website; the URL below redirects to the Gwynedd pages of the Daily Post‘s website, which are stated to be “powered by” the Herald.