West Lothian Courier
It was founded in 1872 as the West Lothian Courier and General Advertiser, but became the Lothian Courier in 1974, having in the meantime absorbed The Midlothian Advertiser, and West Lothian and Lanarkshire News in 1967. From 1992 to 1997 there were separate Courier titles for Broxburn and Livingston; they were reabsorbed into the main edition and the newspaper renamed the West Lothian Courier in 1997.
It’s been published by Media Scotland since the end of 2011, after Trinity Mirror merged Scottish & Universal Newspapers Ltd into a single Scottish operation together with the Daily Record and Sunday Mail. A merger of the local titles’ websites into the Record and Mail website followed in September 2013.
The Courier‘s editorial office is in Bathgate.
For a time it paid for naming rights for local football team Livingston FC‘s Almondvale Stadium, which was named the West Lothian Courier Stadium under the deal.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- West Lothian Courier
20-22 King Street
- 01506 633544
- 01506 653526