is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in Paisley and surrounding parts of Renfrewshire
, a circulation area including Erskine, Renfrew, Linwood, Johnstone, Kilmacolm, Lochwinnoch and Neilston, as well as Barrhead in the neighbouring East Renfrewshire council area.
It was founded in 1864 as the Paisley & Renfrewshire Gazette and kept that title (barring three years from 1967 to 1970, when it was simply the Renfrewshire Gazette) until the end of 2002; it relaunched under its present title in January 2003.
It’s published by the Clyde Weekly Press group (part of the Romanes Media Group, formerly Clyde & Forth Press). The editorial offices were formerly in Paisley, but have now moved to share CWP’s premises in Clydebank.
There’s a separate local edition for Barrhead, the Barrhead News.
It comes out on Wednesdays.
- The Gazette
1st Floor, Carus House
201 Dumbarton Road
Latest posts in Scotland
Weekly tabloid sold in Dunbartonshire, published by Media Scotland
Weekly tabloid sold in West Lothian and Falkirk, one of three titles in the Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette series
Slip edition of the Highland News for Fort William and western Inverness-shire
Weekly tabloid for coastal Kincardineshire from St Cyrus to Portlethen