John O’Groat Journal
It was founded in 1836 by Peter Reid. It’s closely associated with the slightly smaller-circulation Caithness Courier, which like it is published by North of Scotland Newspapers (a trading name of Scottish Provincial Press Ltd). The editorial office for the Groat has been in Union Street in Wick since its foundation; the Courier moved from Thurso to join it in 1977.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.