The Hamilton Advertiser
is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the town of Hamilton and more widely throughout South Lanarkshire
, including the towns of Bellshill, Motherwell, Wishaw, Carluke and Larkhall, as well as Strathaven and Lesmahagow to the south of the county.
It was established in 1856 by one W Naismith. It’s now published by Media Scotland (formerly Scottish & Universal Newspapers), a division of UK-wide newspaper publishers Trinity Mirror. The editorial offices remain in Hamilton, S&UN’s old headquarters, having survived a centralisation of most of Media Scotland’s operations at the offices of the Daily Record and Sunday Mail in Glasgow.
Besides the main edition, there’s also a local edition for the south of the circulation area: the Lanark & Carluke Advertiser.
A weekly freesheet companion, the Hamilton World, was suspended from the week ending 9 September 2011.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- Hamilton Advertiser
Latest posts in Scotland
The Inverness Courier
Twice-weekly broadsheet sold in eastern Inverness-shire, Nairn and the Black Isle
Weekly freesheet tabloid for the capital of the Highlands
Independent weekly tabloid sold in central Aberdeenshire
Weekly tabloid sold in northern Aberdeenshire around Inverurie, Oldmeldrum and Kintore