Guide & Gazette
The Broughty Ferry Guide & Advertiser was founded in 1887. At some point between 1893 and 1906 it was renamed the Broughty Ferry Guide & Monifieth and Tayport Advertiser. 1913 saw the title extended yet further when it became the Broughty Ferry Guide & Carnoustie Gazette, Monifieth and Tayport Advertiser. Tayport was dropped from the masthead in 1931. The current short title was adopted in 1983.
It’s published by Angus County Press, part of one of the UK’s largest regional newspaper publishing groups, Johnston Press. The editorial offices are in Arbroath and are shared with the Arbroath Herald (of which the Guide & Gazette is a sub-edition).
It comes out on Fridays.