It was established in 1957 as the second of two sister titles to the Turriff & District Advertiser founded by W D Peters and R G Peters in 1933. Originally titled the Ellon & District Advertiser, it lost the & District from its title in 1979, as did the other newspapers in the series.
It’s still produced by the founding company, W. Peters & Son Ltd. The editorial offices and printworks are in Turriff, although there’s also an advertising office in Ellon’s Bridge Street Shopping Centre.
Like the other Advertisers, the Ellon Advertiser‘s website is hosted by Google and linked to from the W. Peters & Son Ltd website.
It comes out on Fridays.