It was founded in 1843. In 1845 the midweek edition was renamed the Dumfries & Galloway Standard & Advertiser; the weekend edition was called the Dumfries & Galloway Saturday Standard until 1924, when it adopted the same title as the midweek edition. Both reverted to the original midweek name in 1986.
It’s published by Media Scotland (formerly Scottish & Universal Newspapers), the Scottish arm of the UK’s largest newspaper publisher, Trinity Mirror. The editorial offices are in Dumfries.
It lost its own website in 2013 when Media Scotland unified its newspapers’ online presences within the Daily Record‘s website.
It comes out on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Dumfries & Galloway Standard
- 01387 240333
- 01387 268800