The Argyllshire Advertiser
(“incorporating Campbeltown Courier
“, according to its masthead, although the two newspapers have distinct identities) is a weekly newspaper sold in the Mid Argyll area stretching from Tarbert in the south to Cairndow in the north
and taking in Lochgilphead and Inveraray along the way.
It was founded in 1887 as The Argyllshire Advertiser and West Coast Journal. From 1895 to 1948 it bore the title The Argyllshire advertiser and Lochfyneside Echo; it then adopted its current title.
It’s published by Wyvex Media (publishers of the Oban Times) and is part of a two-title series that also includes the Campbeltown Courier. The editorial offices are in Lochgilphead.
It’s nicknamed “The Squeak” locally and revels in the nickname.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition is also available by paid subscription.
- Argyllshire Advertiser
Latest posts in Scotland
Weekly tabloid sold in West Lothian and Falkirk, one of three titles in the Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette series
Slip edition of the Highland News for Fort William and western Inverness-shire
Weekly tabloid for coastal Kincardineshire from St Cyrus to Portlethen
Weekly tabloid sold in Dalkeith and rural Midlothian