The Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald
is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold across southern North Ayrshire
, including the Three Towns of Ardrossan, Saltcoats and Stevenston, nearby Kilwinning to the south-east, Seamill and West Kilbride further up the coast, the smaller towns of Beith, Kilbirnie and Dalry further inland in the Garnock Valley, and the Isle of Arran.
It was founded in 1853 by Arthur Guthrie. It continued to remain in the ownership of the Guthrie family until Arthur Guthrie & Sons Ltd was acquired by Fred Johnston & Sons Ltd (now Johnston Press plc). The company went into independent ownership in 1984 as West Independent Newspapers Ltd before being acquired by Clyde & Forth Press (which subsequently became first Clyde & Forth Media and then the Romanes Media Group). It’s published by Ayrshire Weekly Press, Romanes’s local subsidiary. The editorial offices are at Ayrshire Weekly Press’s local headquarters in Ardrossan.
Together with the Irvine Times and the Largs & Millport Weekly News, it forms a series of newspapers covering the whole of North Ayrshire.
It comes out on Wednesdays.
- Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald
Latest posts in Scotland
Independent weekly tabloid sold in central Aberdeenshire
Weekly tabloid sold in northern Aberdeenshire around Inverurie, Oldmeldrum and Kintore
Weekly tabloid sold in the town of Irvine and surrounding parts of North Ayrshire
Weekly tabloid from the Romanes Media Group sold in southern North Ayrshire