Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser
It was founded in 1855 as The Airdrie, Coatbridge, & Bathgate Advertiser by publisher Archibald Lawson and printer Robert Rae. Three years later its coverage and title were expanded to include Wishaw; then in 1868 the title was rejigged to make it The Advertiser for Airdrie, Coatbridge, Bathgate & Wishaw. From 1883 to 1902 it was entitled The Airdrie Advertiser, and Linlithgowshire Standard, after which it adopted its present title.
It’s published by Media Scotland, Trinity Mirror‘s Scottish operation, from editorial offices in Airdrie.
Its companion weekly freesheet, the Airdrie & Coatbridge World, was suspended in September 2011 along with all the other freesheets published by Media Scotland’s predecessor, Scottish & Universal Newspapers.
It comes out on Wednesdays.