It was founded in 1989 as the Herald & Post, but changed title in 2002. It’s actually the third newspaper to bear the name; the first lasted for just two years from 1926 to 1928, and the second started publication in 1982, changed title to Aberdeen Citizen and Advertiser in 1984, and ceased publication in 1988.
It’s published by Aberdeen Journals Ltd, which has been a subsidiary of D C Thomson ever since they bought it from the Daily Mail & General Trust in 2006. The editorial offices are shared with The Press and Journal and the Evening Express in Mastrick.
It comes out on Wednesdays.