It was established in 1896 as The Strabane Chronicle and Tyrone & Donegal Advertiser, adopting its present shorter title in 1969. It was acquired in 1902 by the North West of Ireland Publishing and Printing Company – now the North-West News Group – who are based in Omagh in Co. Tyrone and who have published it ever since. The editorial offices are in Strabane.
It comes out on Thursdays. It’s obtainable as an e-edition by paid subscription.