It was founded in 1922 as The Portadown Times. For three years from 1956 to 1959 it added the words and Portadown Express to its title; on dropping them again in 1960 it also dropped the initial The. It became the Craigavon Times in 1975, then two years later merged with The Portadown News and County Armagh Advertiser (itself an 1859 foundation) to become the Portadown News and Craigavon Times. It reverted to its current title in 1982.
It’s published by Morton Newspapers, a division of Edinburgh-based regional and local newspaper publishing giants Johnston Press. The editorial offices are in Portadown town; they used to be free-standing but are now collocated with Morton’s headquarters.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.