Huddersfield Daily Examiner
It was first published in 1871 as the companion to an existing weekly newspaper, the The Huddersfield Examiner and West Riding Reporter, which had been founded in 1851 as the Huddersfield & Holmfirth Examiner but changed its name in 1860.
It’s published by Trinity Mirror Huddersfield (formerly Examiner News & Info Services Ltd), a branch of Trinity Mirror‘s North West and Wales division. The editorial offices are in Huddersfield.
Besides the main edition, there’s a sub-edition covering Brighouse and Elland that accounts for about four per cent of the print run.
An associated weekly freesheet tabloid, the Huddersfield Weekly News, appears to have ceased publication in 2011. It shared the same website and offices.