Bridlington Free Press
It’s published by Scarborough-based Yorkshire Regional Newspapers, part of the nationwide group of regional newspaper publishers Johnston Press‘s North division. The editorial offices are in Bridlington.
It was founded in 1859. For the first five months of its existence it was The Free Press and Bridlington Illustrated Advertiser. It absorbed the Bridlington Chronicle (founded in 1897 as the Bridlington and Quay Chronicle) in 1954.
A companion weekly freesheet, the Bridlington Gazette & Herald, ceased publication in February 2011 to enable staff to concentrate on producing the Free Press.
It comes out on Thursdays.