The Bradford & District Advertiser
The Bradford & District Advertiser is a weekly freesheet tabloid newspaper for the City of Bradford in West Yorkshire – both the city itself and the nearby towns and villages within the city boundaries.
It was launched in October 2010. It’s published by Newsquest (Yorkshire & North East) as a companion to their evening paid-for title for the area, the Telegraph & Argus, whose editorial offices (in Bradford) it shares.
Initially it appeared in no fewer than eight editions of 10,000 copies each:
- Area 1: Baildon, Shipley, Saltaire
- Area 2: Thackley, Wrose, Nab Hill
- Area 3: Bingley, Cottingley
- Area 4: Keighley, Silsden
- Area 5: Clayton, Allerton
- Area 6: Wibsey, Wyke
- Area 7: Thornbury, Tyersal, Bradford Moor
- Area 8: Central Bradford, Heaton
However, the number of editions was brought down to a more manageable four by early 2011:
- Area 1: Shipley, Saltaire, Baildon, Eccleshill, Undercliffe, Idle
- Area 2: Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, Keighley, Haworth, Silsden
- Area 3: Allerton, Clayton, Queensbury, Thornton, Odsal, Wibsey
- Area 4: Bierley, Girlington, Heaton, Manningham, Thornbury
And by the end of 2011 it had shrunk further to just two editions, broadly corresponding to Area 1 & 2 (Aire Valley) and Area 3 & 4 (Bradford).
Both come out on Fridays. A combined e-edition’s available on the site, incorporating the front and community pages of both editions, although the latest issue available as of mid-July 2012 dated from 1 June 2012.
- Bradford & District Advertiser
- 01274 729511
- 01274 724907
New travel resource for disabled people. Exchange information, book holidays, read the latest disability news. Free listings for pubs, restaurants, B&Bs, hotels. Visit today!
CanDoCanGo – http://www.candocango.com/