Home

Wolverhampton Chronicle

The Wolverhampton Chronicle is a weekly freesheet tabloid newspaper distributed to homes in the city of Wolverhampton, its suburbs (Tettenhall, Bilston, Wednesfield) and nearby villages in southern Staffordshire (Codsall, Featherstone, Coven, Perton, Wombourne).

It started life in 1867 as the Midland Counties Express. At the New Year of 1931 it became the Midland Counties Express and Wolverhampton Chronicle, then switched the two components of the name in May 1947. In 1980 it became the Wolverhampton Chronicle Trader, then the Wolverhampton Chronicle in 1985. Between 1988 and 1996, and again from 2010 onwards, it’s been nominally the Wolverhampton edition of a single The Chronicle title.

It’s a companion to the Express & Star paid-for evening newspaper and is thus published by Express & Star Ltd, part of the Midland News Association. (There are several Chronicle titles, covering the Express & Star‘s circulation area.)

It has no website of its own; the link below is to the Wolverhampton news page on the Express & Star‘s website.

It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available free via the website.

  • Address:
  • Wolverhampton Chronicle
    51-53 Queen Street
    WOLVERHAMPTON
    WV1 1ES
  • Tel:
  • Fax:
Hungry House




Custom Search