It was first published by local printer William Tait in 1846 as the Rugby Monthly Advertiser, switching to weekly publication and becoming The Rugby Advertiser in 1850. In 1852 it became The Rugby Advertiser and Central England News, then three years later the rather more modest The Rugby Advertiser and Lutterworth Weekly News. It adopted its present title in 1868.
From 1913 to 1943 there was a local sub-edition for Kineton, The Rugby and Kineton Advertiser.
It’s now published by Northamptonshire Newspapers Ltd, part of the Johnston Press group of regional newspaper publishers.
It has a companion freesheet title, The Review. Both are produced from the same editorial offices in Rugby‘s Albert Street.
It comes out on Thursdays.