It was founded in 1991. (It has nothing to do with an earlier Hereford Journal, which was founded as The British Chronicle, or, Pugh’s Hereford Journal in 1770 but was absorbed into the Hereford Times in 1932.)
Up until recently it was the lead title in Shropshire Newspapers’ Herefordshire Journals group of papers for Herefordshire, which also included the Leominster Journal and the Ross-on-Wye Journal. Its web presence is still through the common Herefordshire Journals website. However, the other two titles were incorporated into the Hereford Journal as of 2010.
It comes out on Wednesdays. An e-edition (free) is also available.
- Hereford Journal
178 Widemarsh Street
- 01432 355353
- 01432 353238