It’s published by Wolverhampton-based Express & Star Ltd, a division of the Midland News Association, as part of the Chronicle series of companion freesheets to its evening title the Express & Star. The main editorial offices are in Wolverhampton. The earlier regional office in Brierley Hill has closed; Dudley is now covered from Stourbridge (see below).
As with the rest of the Chronicle series, its web presence is through the local pages of the Express & Star’s website.
It was established in 1980 as the Dudley Trader, but changed to its present title in 1985. After spending 1986 as the Dudley & District Chronicle, it dropped the & District once more in 1987.
It has no connection with an earlier newspaper founded in 1885, The Dudley Chronicle, which in 1935 was absorbed into The Dudley Herald (founded 1866; ceased publication 1985).
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available free on the website.