It was launched in 2002 and has been published by Bullivant Media Ltd since the spring of 2009. (It was formerly brought out by Observer Standard Newspapers, an independent company founded by Chris and Pat Bullivant in 1989, but OSN went into administration in March 2009; Bullivant Media is its successor.) The editorial offices are in Leamington Spa and are collocated with the Leamington Observer.
It’s not the only title to have borne the Coventry Observer title. The first, The Coventry Observer, and Midlands General Advertiser, was first published in 1827 and lasted just over two-and-a-half years before being incorporated into the Coventry Herald. The second, The Coventry Observer, lasted for just 16 issues in the second half of 1858.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available free via the website.