The Wellington Weekly News
is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the Somerset town of Wellington and its surrounding area
, within a quadrilateral the corners of which are marked roughly by Wiveliscombe to the north-west, Monckton Heathfield to the north-east, Churchingford to the south-east and Peverell to the south-west.
It was founded in 1860 as Corner’s Wellington Weekly News, an independent publication by local businessman Richard Corner, but became part of the Northcliffe empire from 1944 to 2006. It was a broadsheet for most of its existence until 2000; the exception was a switch to tabloid forced by newsprint shortages in the Second World War and reversed only in 1959.
It’s now published by the Tindle Newspapers group, who have a regional office in Taunton. Its editorial offices are in Wellington.
It comes out on Wednesdays. An e-edition is also available through the website by paid subscription.
- Wellington Weekly News
26 High Street
Latest posts in England - South West
St Ives Times & Echo
Independent weekly tabloid sold in St Ives, Hayle, and surrounding villages in western Cornwall
Weekly freesheet tabloid companion to the Salisbury Journal for the Salisbury and Fordingbridge area
Weekly tabloid for southern Wiltshire covering Salisbury, Amesbury and Shaftesbury
Shepton Mallet Journal
One of two Northcliffe Media paid-for weekly tabloids for Mid Somerset