Cornish & Devon Post
It was founded in 1856 as the Launceston Weekly News and Cornwall and Devon Advertiser. It took on its present title in 1877 after merging with the East Cornwall Times.
It’s the lead title in a series of weekly broadsheets for North Cornwall and West Devon, together with the Bude & Stratton Post, the Camelford & Delabole Post and the Holsworthy Post; the series has been owned by Tindle Newspapers since 1986. The editorial offices are in Launceston.
Possibly uniquely in the United Kingdom following the redesign of the Craven Herald & Pioneer in November 2009, its front page is black-and-white only and given over entirely to advertising – a format that used to be the norm in the nineteenth century.
It comes out on Thursdays. A paid e-edition is also available via the website, which is interlinked with the websites of the other titles in the series.