It was founded in 1924 and is one of a series of weekly broadsheets for North Cornwall and West Devon headed by the Cornish & Devon Post; the series has been owned by Tindle Newspapers since 1986. The editorial offices are in Launceston, although there’s an office in Bude too.
Like the rest of the series, it maintains its distinctive old-fashioned front page appearance – no colour, no news, just the masthead and advertising in black-and-white only.
It comes out on Thursdays. A e-edition is also available by paid subscription via the website, which is interlinked with the websites of the other titles in the series.