It’s published by Sussex Newspapers and ultimately owned by Johnston Press plc. It’s the flagship newspaper in a group which also includes the Shoreham Herald and the Steyning Herald. The group’s editorial offices are in Worthing.
It was first published in 1820. It merged with the Worthing Gazette (founded in 1882) in 1981 and was known for six years thereafter as the Worthing Gazette and Herald, with a further edition printed in Lancing (which is still published as the Lancing Herald). It reverted to the earlier title in 1987.
It comes out on Thursdays.