It was founded at the very end of 1882 as The Witney Gazette and West Oxfordshire Advertiser. 20 years later it became the Witney Gazette, Burford, Bampton and West Oxfordshire Advertiser and kept that title until 1958, when it adopted its present title for the first time. In 1966 it was renamed the Witney and West Oxfordshire Gazette; it switched back in 2007.
It’s published by Newsquest (Oxfordshire). The editorial offices are at their headquarters in Oxford; the district office in Witney closed a couple of years ago.
It comes out on Wednesdays.