Wantage & Grove Herald
It was founded in 1962 as the Wantage Herald, a spin-off from what was then the North Berks Herald (itself originally founded in 1868 as the Abingdon Herald, Oxford Times and Midland Counties Advertiser; North Berkshire became South Oxfordshire in the 1974 reorganisation of England and Wales’s counties). The Didcot Herald and Wallingford Herald) were also added to the series. The Wantage Herald took on its present title in 1981.
It’s published by Newsquest (Oxfordshire). The editorial offices were in Didcot until a couple of years ago, but have now moved to Newsquest (Oxfordshire)’s headquarters in Oxford.
It comes out on Thursdays.