Newbury Weekly News
It was first published in 1867 by Walter Blacket and Thomas Wheildon Turner as The Newbury Weekly News and West Berks Advertiser and is proud of the fact that it’s remained independent and family-owned since then. It’s changed title twice in the meantime: first in 1873 to The Newbury Weekly News and General Advertiser, then to its present title just over a century later, in 1974. It’s produced by Newbury News Limited, from editorial offices in the town.
In addition to the main edition, there’s a local sub-edition for the Hungerford area. There’s also an associated weekly freesheet, the Newbury & Thatcham Advertiser.
It comes out on Thursdays. It’s also available online as an e-edition – originally by (paid) subscription, but now free.