It was founded in 1928 as the New Milton District Advertiser. From 1932 to 1934 it was amalgamated with the Lymington Times and published under the title New Milton Advertiser & Lymington Times. Thereafter both papers have been produced separately under their existing titles. The publishers are Advertiser and Times Limited. The editorial offices are in New Milton, although they moved two doors along Old Milton Road at the end of January 2013.
The formal publication day is Saturday, unusually for a weekly title; it’s available in newsagents on Fridays.