Since 1932 it’s been published by Advertiser and Times Limited. But its history actually goes back much further than the last 80 years: it was founded in 1857 as The Lymington Chronicle, Isle of Wight Gazette and General Advertiser for the South West of England, although there’s no evidence to suggest that the lofty ambitions expressed in its title were reflected in its circulation area! It went through several title changes before its incorporation with the New Milton Advertiser, as follows:
1861: Lymington & Isle of Wight Chronicle, Ringwood and Fordingbridge Times, and General Advertiser
1870: Lymington & South Hants Chronicle, Ringwood and Fordingbridge Times, and Christchurch Advertiser
1880: Lymington & South Hants Chronicle and Ringwood, Christchurch and Fordingbridge Times
1932: New Milton Advertiser & Lymington Times
1935: Lymington Times
From 1905 to 1925 there was a second edition, known first as The New Forest Chronicle and Lymington, Ringwood and Fordingbridge Times then, from 1907, as the Ringwood & New Forest Chronicle and Lymington, Christchurch and Fordingbridge Times.
The editorial offices are in New Milton, although they moved two doors along the road in January 2013. It officially comes out on Saturdays, but is in newsagents the day before.