It was founded in 1898 as the Leatherhead Advertiser and Epsom District Times, a sister title to the Dorking Advertiser that had been established a dozen years previously. In 1902 it was renamed the Leatherhead Advertiser and County Post and kept that name until adopting its present shorter title in 1970.
It’s published by East Surrey & Sussex News & Media, which was previously part of the Northcliffe Media regional newspaper publishing division of the Daily Mail & General Trust but is now part of the new Local World group created when DMGT spun off Northcliffe at the end of 2012. It remains part of a two-title series together with the Dorking Advertiser; both in turn are local editions within the Surrey Mirror group. The editorial offices used to be in Dorking, but have now been centralised at the group’s new offices in Redhill.
It has no website of its own. All the Surrey Mirror titles used to share a common website at thisissurrey.co.uk, which since early 2011 has been a local portal website rather than simply the newspapers’ web presence. However, Local World created a new “publisher-branded” website for the Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser series in June 2013.
It comes out on Thursdays.